Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Please Pray For My Friend

  1. #11
    SCHEMESofNEON
    Guest SCHEMESofNEON's Avatar

    Post

    Rog, i will send thoughts and prayers ...i've experinced this all to well, as my father died from cancer ( lived with it for 13 years ) very troubled times, there were days I just wanted to run from it all- I remember the last talk with him just laying there in bed , I told him when he sees those angels to go tears were flowing from both our eyes- in the end i was relieved - but yet still curse the skys as it feels like something was just ripped from my hands -
    and talk about LOST- which is hard to explain unless you've lost a parent only then will begin to understand

    sorry for the long ramblings ......as I've seen to got off the track a bit

  2. #12
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think you can ramble enough when it comes to this disease...I too share in your grief and understand how helpless it makes you feel. I have a dear friend ...bare with me now...

    Her Name is Tina and we met when we were 11. She and I bonded deeply despite our backgraounds being polar opposites. We grew up dreaming of marrying rock stars and how mnay children we would have. We went through every first in life together and wondered what is was going to be like to be old (hahaha in those days we though 40 was old) We just celebrated our 28th year of friendship and let me tell you the last 1 1/2 year almost tore us apart.
    You see 3 years ago in Nov. Her 9 year old son was hospitalized with some mysterious affliction...long story short he was mis-diagonsed for 2 months and sent to another hospital out of state only to fine he had a very rare form of liver cancer. He was put on a transplant list and on the 14th of february a liver came though BUT when they opened him up he was so full of cancer that they gave the liver to someone else and sent him home to pass. They said it would take 3 0r 4 days...Little fart held on until the 1st day of March and died with so much Grace! He was only 10!!!!
    Now its his Mom who needs the prayers...her marriage crumbled and her daughter moved in with Dad. Tina is now addicted to crack ( don't even know how it happened) and I have tried in vain to help her over the last year...I went months w/o speaking to her and now as we pick up the pieces I have given her an ultimatum. She has to see a Dr. and counselor and get off the drugs and deal with her loss by the end of next week or I will go outta my way to make things harder for her. She has come to far in life to lose it all now so Rog as I say a prayer for your friend and his family, please say one for mine!!!
    I will uplift them in spirit and believe that Jim goes peacefully as DJ did!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post



    <font color="#000000" size="1">[ July 31, 2005 11:11 AM: Message edited by: NewYorkJettster ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I send my thoughts and prayers as well Ella.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Canadianblueyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My thoughts and prayers go out to all of your friends and loved ones who need them.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sent along to Jim & his family that all of you were sending prayers and good thoughts his way.
    They appreciate it in these difficult hours.

  7. #17
    canadarocks
    Guest canadarocks's Avatar

    Post

    My thoughts go out to ya,

    I know how it feels, one of my best friends died of cancer 4 yrs ago, she was 25 ,she fought it for 2 yrs. I think about her everyday...i miss her like crazy [img]frown.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm trying to not dwell upon it as death, but a step to a better place, But no matter it still hurts knowing in just a short time, he will be gone from our earthly plane.
    9uxdub

  9. #19
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just recieved the news that Jim passed away this morning. He was surrounded by his wife and children.

    There is a sadness in my heart, but also a joy in knowing he is now in God's hands and no longer has to suffer the pain of the broken human shell.

    I love you my brother...R.I.P. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    canadarocks
    Guest canadarocks's Avatar

    Post

    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •